Tuesday, March 10, 2009

more things on a desk

Right now, the following things are on my desk:

Blood Diamond (FS)
This is a fullscreen copy of the Edward Zwick film Blood Diamond starring the venerable Leonardo DiCaprio, classy Jennifer Connelly, terrific Djimon Hounsou and the never-able-to-live-down-The-Mummy Arnold Vosloo. Michael Sheen is also in it-- a great actor who sadly might best be recognized as some sort of werewolf from the Underworld franchise.
Truth be told, I haven't seen Blood Diamond. I picked it up for the sweet, low cost of two dollars (along with several other movies) but upon return to my apartment I was chagrined to discover it be a fullscreen edition. I hate fullscreen. Feel free to insert another incendiary remark if you'd like. I don't think I'll ever watch this.

"A Charlie Brown Christmas"
Absolutely indispensable holiday music from the late, great Vince Guaraldi. The Peanuts gang of characters and stories were fantastic by themselves, but when coupled together with the sweet piano jazz of Guaraldi the result was instant alchemy. At once mournful and full of life, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" reminds us that the true meaning of season is discovered in the simplistic, unassuming treasures we've all been given.

No comments: