Saturday, March 7, 2009

things on a desk

Right now, the following items are on my desk:

A Box of Marshmallow Peeps
Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies to be exact. Their color is yellow and they mock me with their promises of gentle springtime dreams and plush, airy sweetness. But I know their secrets. I know that within their sticky centers nothing but sickness and disillusionment await. A million wishes dashed to pieces with one trusting taste. Damn you, Marshmallow Peeps. Damn you.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Probably one of my favorite books in recent memory. If you haven't yet read this modern classic, I'll resist the urge to scold you publicly and instead advise you to make your way posthaste to the book seller of your choosing-- fourteen dollars and ninety-five cents ready in outstretched hand-- to purchase this outstanding achievement in poetic storytelling.

Pilot Drawing Pen
A cruel reminder of my steadily stagnating drawing efforts. It lies ready and waiting whilst I fritter away my free moments with trite Internet flotsam and garish Youtube manias. It'd be easy to hide away this sweet instrument of creation but I choose to leave it in the open-- an ever-present apparition of guilt that will hopefully urge me to action once again some day in the future.

No comments: