Sunday, March 1, 2009

Resolutions 2009: Literature

It's Day One of a new month and that's why it's time for:

RESOLUTIONS 2009!

I used to read frequently. I'd visit the local library every week and return home with a stack of interesting books. This habitual reading, however, has trickled down to almost nothing-- something I mean to correct.

Resolution #1:

Read an acclaimed novel every month (this would include classic works of fiction, pulitzer prize winners, nobel prize winners, etc.)

The book that I've chosen to initiate this hearty resolve is Cormac McCarthy's harrowing tale of the wild west, Blood Meridian. I've just recently finished McCarthy's award-winning The Road (a movie adaptation of which hits later this year) and I'm now ready to read everything else by this author.

Those interested are free to read along. We can pretend it's a game! Points will be tallied on on Tuesday, March 31st.

No comments: