Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Shaken to the Core


I was under the impression that my orange juice was safe-- a haven far removed from a turbulent world of many uncertainties; a peaceful respite in a time of violently shifting paradigms. I believed that.

Until I saw this.

I have always considered myself a logical yet accepting human being, firm in a foundation of intellectual concrete yet fully capable of acknowledging quantities not yet comprehensible within the limits of man's cognitive capacities.

But this ... this blows the pot wide open, spilling it's contents onto the floor.

Why is this "orange grower" (I'm assuming he is so quantified) staring at this arm? What is so fascinating about the said appendage? More importantly, who is this arm connected to and what does it want? Why? The flood of questions this image aroused were legion and I readily admit I sobbed openly upon casting gaze on it's colorful composition.

I awoke a believing man. Now I doubt everything.

No comments: