Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sundance Film Festival Two-thousand and Eight

It's finally here, kids-- one of the better reasons to live in or visit Utah: the Sundance Film Festival. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept, the Sundance Film Festival is a ten day explosion of independent cinema. I look forward to what comes out of Sundance every year, and I especially excited about some of the loot on display this time around.
This year I'll mostly be stomping around Park City proper, seeing as I'll be working out of a satellite office for a few days in the mall across from the historic Egyptian theatre. If you're in town, drop by and say hello. If not, well, you are a horrible person.

Despite my enthusiasm for the festival, I am not looking forward to the parking. Heck, I hate parking in all it's forms. You could say I'm an equal opportunity parking hater. But don't quote me on that.

Films I'm looking forward to checking out (in no particular order):

Absuristan
Adventures of Power
Assassination of a High School President
August
Be Kind Rewind
Bottle Shock
Drummer
The Escapist
Fields of Fuel
Great Buck Howard
Hamlet 2
Henry Poole is Here
I.O.U.S.A.
In Bruges
King of Ping Pong
Last Word
Madame Tutli-Putli
Mysteries of Pittsburgh
Phoebe in Wonderland
Pretty Bird
Sunshine Cleaning
What Just Happened?

I won't likely get to all of them, but I'll see how many I can hit. If anybody else gets the chance to visit the festival, let me know what you saw and what you thought. It will make for good times.

1 comment:

wendy said...

no particular order is code for alphabetical.